Friday, December 14, 2007

Censor This.

With all of the grief that has been given to Nunavut bloggers lately- I just wanted to show the other side of the story. Here is an article that was posted in todays letter to the editor in Nunatsiaq news. I wonder why racist articles like this are published.

From Nunatsiaq News
December 14, 2007



NLCA benefits "white Nazis" only?
My fellow Inuit, the white man is now laughing joyously.
He wants us to fight a fight amongst ourselves.
Come and join our new fight, the fight to regain our independence and autonomy.
Yes, they will say that we cannot control our destiny and our desires because we are only good at fighting amongst ourselves.
We are saying to them that our ancestors had managed to survive for centuries upon centuries without any assistance from the nations of this planet.
My fellow Inuit, in less than a century the white man has managed with calculated motives to wipe out what held our nation and families together.
What we must now realise first and foremost is the notion that "fighting for a nation" and "running a country" are two completely seperate entities. We must not depart from this proven ideology.
The Nunavut land claims agreement is only for the benefit of the white nazis not for the Inuit nation.
Join the good fight that is coming soon.
Lootie Apak Kooneeliusie

Qikiqtarjuaq

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how someone can get away with this type of bs! I just have to shake my head sadly and hope that most people are smart enough to think, and don't take all articles as the gospel truth. You don't lose anything unless you want to lose it - this includes your heritage. If it's that important to you, do your part to preserve it - don't just sit back on your lazy ass and blame someone else!!! Must say - it makes me cranky!!!
Love,
Auntie H

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Wow. All I can say is wow.

Anonymous said...

Gee and they wonder why I left Qikiqtarjuaq for Arctic Bay 2 years ago!

Aida said...

wow, this person must be living under a "rock" to not be able to see the whole picture.

i am from a native tribe, protected by the govt back in my home country and man we dont even get 1/4 of the stuff the Inuits are enjoying in Canada. no one can destroy a "heritage" except one self.

jen said...

I probably shouldn't say anything. It's a crazy world we live in.
But great input Aida, it's nice to have perspective from other areas of the world.

Kara, when is that from? This week?

jen said...

LOL I just went back and saw the date...duh! I need my morning coffee.

Anonymous said...

I think he has a point: it is time for Inuit people to go it alone - I don't think you'd find too many non-Inuit (especially who have been up north) who would disagree. No more white nazi tax $$$ for healthcare (free tylenol and the occasional southern adventure via medevac plane), schools, welfare, skidoos, job creation and on and on and on. Absolutely, give him what he wants!!!

bigbanana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bigbanana said...

I am in qikiqtarjuaq now
Most racist rude people I have ever met

I have been to 8 other communities and have only been treated well

Even the children are horrible here :(

Definitely not like other communities here

Can't wait to leave