Sunday, September 10, 2006

An amazing treat on my birthday!

Actually, I got a few treats on my birthday! The first was from my husband who let me buy a nice little china cabinet at the Northern Store sale. It now holds our little collection of carvings. Then last night (my birthday) we had a spectacular thunder and lightning show! This is only the second time we have had a storm like that since we got here 15 months ago. The next treat was all of the people who showed up for my birthday bbq! I needed a good excuse to get everyone together. Then the final treat was unbelievable! A friend made me a birthday cake that was out of this world! She made me a muskox cake! The pictures don't do it justice! We are really blessed with the friends that we have here. Another friend of ours put it very well- he said that we all have relatives, but up here, the people that we surround ourselves with- are our family. I liked that.

1 comment:

dkc said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Have a super year being old like me!